Thursday, January 01, 2004

This real Texan is calling cowboy wannabe Shrub a liar

Some people may have unfairly questioned the Dixie Chicks Texas bona fides, but who is more Texan than Willie?

Willie Nelson Pens Anti-War Ballad

Willie Nelson plans to debut an anti-war ballad he wrote Christmas Day at a fund-raising concert Saturday for Democratic presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich at Austin Music Hall.

Nelson said he planned to record "What Ever Happened to Peace on Earth" this week in Nashville, Tenn., and rush-release it as a single.
...
Asked if the song might anger conservative country music fans, he said, "I sure hope so. I don't care if people say, 'Who the hell does he think he is?' I know who I am."


The song includes this gem:

And the bewildered herd is still believing
Everything we've been told from our birth
Hell, they won't lie to me
Not on my own damn TV
But how much is a liar's word worth?
And whatever happened to peace on earth?


I hope the Redheaded Stranger has his taxes straight. Shrubya might unleash his IRS dogs on "The Outlaw" again.

No comments: