Thursday, January 08, 2004

Clark's not shooting back, but he's keeping his powder dry

Clark Won't Respond to Rivals' Criticism

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) -- Increasingly under attack by his Democratic rivals, retired Army Gen. Wesley Clark is holding his fire, for now.

"I don't want to get into the conventional politics mode," he said Thursday in an interview with The Associated Press. "There may come a time when I'm going to have to talk about other people. I'm not going to say I never will ... (but) I'm keeping my eye on what's good for America."

Attacks by some of Clark's eight rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination have intensified as he rises in New Hampshire and national polls. A tracking poll released Thursday showed Clark in second place in New Hampshire, trailing former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean.


Yeah, he's not fighting back, yet-- but keep it up and he'll beat the shit out of ya.

No comments: