Wednesday, September 03, 2003

She Trusts Madonna and Shrubya

Tucker Carlson: New standards in political journalism

CARLSON: Tell me -- give me the chronology of the kiss. How did you decide to kiss Madonna?

BRITNEY SPEARS, SINGER: Well, actually, in rehearsals, it wasn't something that was, like, this is what we're going to do. It was just kind of like, we played around a little bit. And she said before the performance: Let's just feel it out and see what happens.

So I didn't know it was going to be that long and everything. It was cool.

CARLSON: Had you ever kissed a woman before?

SPEARS: No, I have never kissed a woman before.

CARLSON: Would you again?

SPEARS: Would I again? No. I would not do it -- oh, maybe with Madonna.


CARLSON: A lot of entertainers have come out against the war in Iraq. Have you?

SPEARS: Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens.

CARLSON: Do you trust this president?

SPEARS: Yes, I do.

CARLSON: Excellent. Do you think he's going to win again?

SPEARS: I don't know. I don't know that.


"Excellent?" Who are you, Keanu? C’mon Tucker, she doesn’t even know when the election is. I’ve got nothing against Britney, but the transcript doesn’t do full justice to the gum-smacking mindlessness that came through on the actual video. She seemed like a 14 year old with limited life experience. Of course, now someone needs to get the scoop on Christina Aguilera’s political leanings and same-gender kissing. I suspect both answers are different. Tucker has set the bar for celebrity interviews: “Do you support the President’s war in Iraq and do you kiss people of the same gender?” Excellent.

No comments: