Tuesday, December 30, 2003

If you don't hear from me for a while...

I expect a knock on the door, or perhaps a knocked-down door, any minute now. A search of sales records will reveal to the FBI that I am one of the more consistent readers of almanacs. And I am not a farmer. Admittedly, I have long referred to this handy source to remind myself of voting patterns as I plotted the possible take-over of the government from the Republicans. At least it is warm in Guantanomo.

FBI urges police to watch for people carrying almanacs

WASHINGTON -- The FBI is warning police nationwide to be alert for people carrying almanacs, cautioning that the popular reference books covering everything from abbreviations to weather trends could be used for terrorist planning.

In a bulletin sent Christmas Eve to about 18,000 police organizations, the FBI said terrorists may use almanacs "to assist with target selection and pre-operational planning.

No comments: