Monday, November 24, 2003

Kids say the darndest things

Don't know who to attribute this to, but I thought I would share.

John Ashcroft was visiting an elementary school. After fifteen minutes of speaking he says, "I will now answer any questions you have."

Robert stands up and says, "Mr. Ashcroft, I have four questions: 1] How did Bush win the election with fewer votes than Gore? 2] Why are you using the American Patriot Act to limit civil liberties? 3] Why haven't we caught Osama Bin Laden? 4] Where are the weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq?"

Just then the bell rang. The kids rushed out to play. Upon their return, Mr. Ashcroft said, "I'm sorry we were interrupted. I will answer any questions you have." A little girl named Julie stands up and says, "I have six questions: 1] How did Bush win the election with fewer votes than Gore? 2] Why are you using the American Patriot Act to limit civil liberties? 3] Why haven't you caught Osama Bin Laden? 4] Where are the weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq? 5] Why did the bell ring 20 minutes early? and 6] Where is Robert?

No comments: