Monday, February 23, 2004

Hot Dog!

I am updating my vita! Now if I ever run for office I can claim to have held a manufacturing job. That should win me points with all the former holders of manufacturing jobs.

"When a fast-food restaurant sells a hamburger, for example, is it providing a 'service' or is it combining inputs to 'manufacture' a product?" the report asks.

"Sometimes, seemingly subtle differences can determine whether an industry is classified as manufacturing. For example, mixing water and concentrate to produce soft drinks is classified as manufacturing. However, if that activity is performed at a snack bar, it is considered a service."


Okay, I didn't last long. But it was my choice. I believed that we were obligated to make that burger look as closely like the one in the picture on the menu as possible. Truth in advertising and all. I moved on and waited tables-- where I still manufactured salads, by the way.

No comments: